"Fashion fades, only style remains the same." Coco Chanel

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Breaking the Myth About Red

Many of us absolutely adore the colour red, but many of us also don't know that everyone can wear it. Well luckily for you, I'm equipped with the knowledge to help you find that powerful and seductive colour! 

Red is one of the more difficult colours to follow and takes a bit of practice when finding the right one.  First off, everyone has a distinct skin undertone and this is what is used in 'customizing' the right shade. It is VERY important to decipher correctly which undertone you possess before selecting the right red for you. 

There are 3 types of skin undertones and they are: Warm, Cool, and Natural (Or Autumn, Winter and Spring). Each category has a range of colours associated with it and one of those colours is what will determine which category you belong to.  Warm colours generally consist of orange, olive, and gold. Cool consists of blues and violets and Naturals can wear any colour. An easy way to determine if you fall into the natural folder is if you look good in both silver and gold jewellery.  Choosing the right category will take a bit of practice to find and will more than likely require some assistance unless you have a natural eye for detail. When you have found the correct colour now you can select your show-stopping rouge!
Now that you're equipped with the knowledge in selecting the right shade of red - Go out and knock 'em dead!






Any questions?  Need some assistance?  I'm here for you!  Send me a message!

7 comments:

  1. It took me a long time to figure this very thing out for myself! I was never a fan of yellow and orange, and thought it looked bad on me. I only recently started wearing purple, and I loves it. Keep it coming Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hydrangea Girl! Purple would totally look fab on you! Navy Blue and certain shades of green as well :) There's a very interesting shade of green out this fall and I have not yet figured out what to call it! Every retail store calls it something different!
    I was also thinking of you recently. Finding denim in Ireland is so difficult! Doesn't even look like there's Calvin Klein based on their website! It only mentioned England, France and Germany. Most definitely still looking to find you something I know works well!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, Lindsay...I love RED!
    In the 70's, my favorite suit was red! It was 100% wool. The jacket was short with wide lapels and the skirt was oh...so mini! Now I stick to bright red sweaters and a little red dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lyse! Thanks! That suit sounds pretty sexy! Great choice on the little red dress :) Just as classic as a little black dress!

    and Thank You Chris! :)

    ReplyDelete